LAGRANGE, GA (WTVM) - The City of LaGrange is advising residents to avoid unnecessary travel Wednesday night has Hurricane Michael moves into the area.
Troup County may see impact of the hurricane around 9 p.m. with gusts up to 39 mph and between 2 to three inches of rain. Impact may last until 2 a.m.
Strong winds could limit the ability of electric crews to respond safety to power outages until Thursday morning.
The following safety tips are suggested:
- Charge your cell phone now
- Fill your vehicle’s gas tank
- If you see downed power lines, don’t touch them and call your utility company
- Bring your pets inside or provide safe shelter
- Don’t call 911 unless the power outage is life threatening
- Don’t call the utility company if everyone in your neighborhood has power
- Do call the utility company if you are the only one without power.
- Please stay home between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m.