COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - This year’s annual severe weather preparedness tax holiday will give Alabama residents a chance to buy all the supplies needed in case of a natural disaster.
The holiday will begin midnight Friday and end midnight Sunday. Shoppers are encouraged to buy supplies for their homes and businesses to prepare for severe weather.
Here’s a list of some items to be sure and get this tax fee weekend:
- Batteries: AAA-cell batteries, AA-cell batteries, C-cell batteries, D-cell batteries, 6-volt batteries, 9-volt
- batteries. (NOTE: coin batteries, automobile batteries, and boat batteries are not exempt.)
- Cellular phone battery
- Cellular phone charger
- Portable self-powered or battery-powered radio, two-way radio, weather-band radio or NOAA weather radio
- Portable self-powered light source, including battery-powered flashlights, lanterns, or emergency glow sticks
- Tarpaulin, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths, and other flexible, waterproof sheeting
- Ground anchor systems, such as bungee cords or rope, or tie-down kits
- Duct tape
- Plywood, window film or other materials specifically designed to protect window coverings
- Non-electric food storage cooler or water storage container
- Non-electric can opener
- Artificial ice, blue ice, ice packs, reusable ice
- Self-contained first aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke detector
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Gas or diesel fuel tank or container
Some higher priced items are also included in the holiday such as portable generators and cords.