COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - A Columbus home was gutted by flames today.
It happened at a house on Maui Court, not far from Saint Mary's Road.
Officials aren't sure where the fire started but neighbors say the homeowner was using a gasoline-powered carpet cleaner.
No one was hurt and officials are crediting firefighters for their quick work.
"They knocked the fire down quickly and got it under control in less time than I thought. I thought we'd be here all afternoon but the firefighters did a great job and they really saved more than half of this house for the owner of this house," said Captain Jeff Victor.