OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
WTVM-Right from the Start October 2009
- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WTVM, 1909 Wynnton Rd, Columbus, GA 31906 and Right from the Start - A Marriage and Family Initiative, 2022 Fifteenth Ave, Columbus, GA 31901, 706-649-6500 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 11/02/2009 5:30pm and ends at 1/15/2010 midnight. Entries must be received by 01/15/2010 midnight. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Georgia and Alabama in the following counties: Harris, Muscogee, Chattahoochee, Stewart, Quitman, Clay, Randolph, Webster, Sumter, Marion, Schley, Taylor, Talbot, Chambers, Lee, Russell, and Barbour who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Winning couple can't live together before the wedding, and must agree to premarital education in conjunction with Right from the Start. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WTVM-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individualwill be accepted per day, and multiple entries per day will be disqualified.
- 3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning on 11/02/2009 5:30pm, individuals can log on to www.wtvm.com and complete the online entry form. Entries must be received by 01/15/2010 midnight in order to qualify. Participants may also fill out an entry form at participating sponsors locations: Albrights Flowers and Gifts, Columbus Corner Bakery, E and S Men's Clothing Warehouse, Formal, Grammarcy, River Mill Event, Schomburg's Jewelers. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
All entrants must complete an entry form and submit an essay of 300 words or less stating why they should be chosen to win a dream wedding.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WTVM-TV and the other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WTVM-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. WTVM-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
- 4. Prize(s). One couple will win a wedding to be held Thursday, May 13, 2010 and will be aired live on WTVM sometime between 5:00pm and 6:00pm. The wedding will be held at Eagle and Phenix with the reception following at River Mill Event Centre. In case of rain, the wedding will be moved to an alternate location. The wedding party will be limited to three attendants apiece and 100 guests. The following businesses will provide the wedding services listed: Albrights Flowers and Gifts - flowers, Bliss Salon - hairstyle and make-up, Columbus Corner Bakery - wedding cake, E and S Men's Clothing Warehouse - groom and three groomsmen attire, Formal Elegance - wedding dress and bridesmaid's dresses for three attendants, Grammarcy - invitations, River Mill Event Centre- reception venue and food for reception, Schomburg's Jewelers - wedding rings, JEHedges Photography - photography - Approximate Total Value of $14,500.00. Additional expenses are winner's responsibility.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prize(s) are Awarded. A wedding contest committee will review all applicants and narrow the list down to 10 couples based on summated essay. These 10 couples will then be interviewed by the wedding committee and the committee will select three couples to be finalist based on the following criteria: 1) A desire to learn and practice healthy relationship skills that form the foundation for a lasting marriage 2) A willingness to be flexible and amenable to wedding component choices voted on by viewing audience. 3) A commitment to serve as a positive role model for other engaged couples seeking to build a strong and healthy marriage, right from the start. These three finalists will be announced on WTVM on Monday, February 15, 2010
WTVM will interview the three finalists and an edited portion may appear on WTVM and on WTVM's web site. The viewing audience will then be asked to log on to www.wtvm.com and vote on the winning couple they feel deserve the grand prize 2/15/2010 noon-2/26/2010 5:30pm. The couple with the most votes will win. In the event the winning couple is disqualified or decides not to go through with the wedding, the wedding will be awarded to the second place couple from the three finalists. In the event that the second place couple declines, the wedding will be awarded to the third place couple.
On Monday March 1, 2010, the winning couple will be announced on WTVM. For the next 8 weeks on the dates of (3/8/2010-3/12/2010 noon, 3/15/2010-3/19/2010 noon, 3/22/2010-3/26/2010 noon, 3/29/2010-4/02/2010 noon, 4/05/2010-4/09/2010 noon, 4/12/2010-4/16/2010 noon, 4/19/2010-4/23/2010 noon, 4/26/2010-4/30/2010 noon) the viewing audience will be presented with three choices of an element of the wedding and be asked to vote. The winning element will be announced (3/15/2010, 3/22/2010, 3/29/2010, 4/5/2010, 4/12/2010, 4/19/2010, 4/26/2010, 5/3/2010). The couple must be present at WTVM on each Monday evening of the contest. The items voted on will include: the wedding dress, invitations, bridesmaids dresses, flowers, groom and groomsmen attire, wedding rings, cakes, food for the reception, and hairstyles for the bride. All items will be selected by the wedding service provider and voted on by the viewing audience. The couple must accept the items that the audience has voted on and that the wedding providers have donated. There will be no exceptions.
- 6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- 7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winning couple, travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 3 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. The winner must take possession of his or her prize by 02/28/2010 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTVM-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WTVM-TV if WTVM-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
The winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, the winner acknowledges that WTVM-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- 8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- 9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTVM-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTVM-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- 10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTVM 1909 Wynnton Rd, Columbus Ga. 31906 or visit the website at www.wtvm.com between 02/28/2010-03/28/2010.