“KELLY CLARKSON TEXT TO VIP” OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WTVM-TV, 1909 Wynnton Road, Columbus, GA 31902, and The Columbus Civic Center, 400 4th Street Columbus, GA 31901(Sponsor(s)). The promotion begins at 12am November 16,2009 and will end November 29, 2009 at 11:59pm. Entries must be received by 11:59pm November 29, 2009. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Alabama and Georgia, who are eighteen (19) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WTVM-TV, Columbus Civic Center and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Multiple entries will be allowed.
- How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12am November 16, 2009, individuals can text the word “KELLYVIP” to 45995.(Standard Text message rates will apply). Individuals can also enter by sending a postcard in c/o “KELLY CLARKSON VIP” to WTVM-TV P.O. Box 1848, Columbus, GA 31902-1848. Entries must be received by 11:59pm November 29, 2009 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For texting entries, the authorized account holder of the cellular phone number texting submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such texting account by the cellular provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning wireless texting/phone number for the domain associated with such account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the cellular/texting account associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion. By Entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WTVM-TV and the other sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WTVM-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WTVM-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). Winner will receive (2) My Life Would Suck Without You VIP Packages including: each package includes a ticket to the show, exclusive Kelly Clarkson Merchandise gift item, Collectible Laminate, and an invitation to a pre-show party where Kelly Clarkson will appear and perform a 2 song acoustic set. Prize Value of 2 VIP Packages: $560.00
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. At 8am on November 30, 2009, 1 winner will be chosen at random. The winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail (if supplied) and have until December 1, 2009 by 5:00pm to respond. If there is no response, an alternate winner will be selected and contacted.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility the day of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by December 9, 2009 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTVM-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WTVM-TV if WTVM-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WTVM-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTVM-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTVM-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTVM-TV PO Box 1848 Columbus, GA 31902-1848.