Turkey Frying 101
Why a turkey fryer can be dangerous:
- Many containers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil.
- Make sure your turkey is completely thawed and your pot is not overfilled as this can result in flammable cooking oil spill over.
- Even a small amount of cooking oil coming into contact with the burner can cause a large fire.
- With no thermostat controls, the deep fryers have the potential to overheat the oil to the point of combustion.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid and pot handles get dangerously hot, posing severe burn hazards.
Safety tips for using a turkey fryer: