Crews put out blaze in hospital's kitchen - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Crews put out blaze in hospital's kitchen

By Web Staff – email | Twitter

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Officials tell News Leader 9, a fire started in the kitchen at a Columbus hospital.  

Around 9:00 a.m., multiple crews were called out to put out a blaze at Columbus Regional -- located at 707 Center Street.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and did not spread to any of the patient care areas.

No patients were evacuated, just employees on the first floor.  Thankfully, no injuries have been reported.

Employees were allowed to return to their work stations around 10:00 a.m. Then, moments later, visitors and those with appointments were allowed to enter the hospital.

Food service has been transferred to Doctor's Hospital to prepare lunch for Medical Center patients.

News Leader 9 is following this story. Well have the latest information as soon as it becomes available.

©2009 WTVM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly