Nurture, Inc. recalls Pouch Meals due to packaging defect
ATLANTA - Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin is alerting Georgians to the recall of some baby food products.
Nurture, Inc., NY is recalling selected varieties of HAPPYTOT Stage 4 and HAPPYBABY Stage 1 and Stage 2 pouch meals due to a packaging defect that could cause the pouches to swell or leak. Swollen or leaking pouches could indicate that the products contain bacteria that may cause illness.
Recalled products include:
- Green bean, pear & peas, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00127 9;
- Sweet potato, carrot, apple & cinnamon, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00128 6;
- Spinach, mango & pear, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00129 3;
- Butternut squash & apple, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00130 9;
- Banana, peach, coconut & prunes, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00131 6;
- Banana, peach & mango, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00132 3
- Mango, NET WT. 3.5 OZ. (99g), UPC 8 52697 00134 7
- Spinach Mango Pear, NET WT. 3.5 OZ. (99g), UPC 8 52697 00139 2
- Apricot Sweet Potato, NET WT. 3.5 OZ. (99g), UPC 8 52697 00136 1
The above meals are packaged in plastic pouches with plastic caps and have date codes expiring between November 2010 and January 2011.
The products were sold at less than 300 retail locations nationwide. No other products manufactured by the company are affected.
Consumers who have purchased the affected products should not consume them and may return them to their place of purchase for a full refund or contact Nurture, Inc. directly for a full refund or exchange. Consumers with questions can contact Nurture, Inc. at 212-374-2779, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST.