COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The 12-year-old victim in last week's brutal abduction and assault in East Columbus left Recorder's Court under heavy guard Friday.
Inside the courtroom she stayed composed with her mother by her side as she faced her alleged attacker, 20-year-old Marcus Wade.
She told the judge that, without a doubt, he is the man who kidnapped her at gunpoint while she was walking to school at East Columbus Magnet Academy and sexually assaulted her last week.
Wade pleaded not guilty to a list of charges, including kidnapping, child molestation and sodomy.
An investigator from the Columbus Police Department's Sex Crimes Unit says Wade ran up to the child near Amber Drive and Cameo Court, pulled a gun on her, threatened to kill her and forced her into his car.
He started driving and that's when police say he ordered her to perform oral sex on him which she refused.
But that was just the beginning of the attack.
Detectives told the judge Wade brought the girl to the bathroom at nearby Belvedere Park. They say he held a gun to her head, forced her to take off all of her clothes and tried to rape her twice before putting her back in the car and dropping her off near her school.
Investigators say they found some of the same clothes the victim said Wade was wearing at the time of the attack in his home.
According to detectives, Wade also approached two other young girls that same morning.
Police say all of the girls identified him in lineups.
So far, Wade has refused to make any statements to authorities.
Judge Michael Cielinski ordered Wade held without bond in the Muscogee County Jail on his aggravated child molestation and sodomy charges.
His case has been bound over to Muscogee County Superior Court.