COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Here's a look at what News Leader 9 is working on for Monday, March 1, 2010's evening shows:
- DAYCARE FIRE: Preliminary reports from Columbus fire officials are starting to come into our newsroom; investigators say the fire may have started in the laundry room of the home. Our newsroom will continue to follow these developments. News Leader 9's Taylor Barnhill will be live tonight with the latest details and a look at the events that transpired leading up to the fire and Michael Duvard's untimely death. Tonight at 5:00pm & 6:00pm EST.
- MONEY ORDER SCAM: In a News Leader 9 exclusive investigation, Lindsey Connell is revealing the latest mail-order scam to hit our area. Words of warning, tonight at 6:00pm EST.
- NOAH WHITE CONTINUES SELF-DEFENSE: Noah White's trial continues in Chambers County, Alabama; today the defendant is proceeding with a rowdy cross-examination of the prosecution's witnesses. News Leader 9's Elizabeth White will have a recap of today's action from court - that's tonight at 6:00pm EST.
- VICTORYLAND'S LEGALITY: Macon County's district attorney has issued his opinion on the legality of Victoryland's electronic bingo machines. We'll have his declaration and a look at this week's expected developments, tonight at 6:00pm EST.
- COLORECTAL CANCER MONTH: Jason Dennis and Cheryl Renee are hoping to bring awareness to the issues surrounding Colorectal Cancer. All month long, News Leader 9 will be teaming up with Good Neighbor Pharmacies to draw attention to the disease and tell people where they may get tested for free. Tune in at 5:00pm & 5:30pm EST.
- Plus, "ON THIS DAY...": you won't want to miss our retrospective coverage of last year's snow and the March 1st tornado that leveled parts of Americus, Ga. in 2007.
That's all coming up during News Leader 9 at 5:00 – 6:30pm. Be sure to tune in and check back with everyone here at wtvm.com for the latest details!