COLUMBUS,GA - A presentation by ABC News Senior National Correspondent Claire Shipman is highlighting the annual Women's Leadership Conference on March 2-3. It will be hosted by the Leadership Institute of Columbus State University's Cunningham Center for Leadership Development located on 3100 Gentian Blvd.
Shipman is giving an 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. luncheon talk on Tuesday based on her book, Womenomics: Write Your Own Rules for Success.
Registration for the two-day conference is available online (http://ccld.colstate.edu) or in the lobby outside Blanchard Hall from 9-9:30 a.m. on Tuesday. The price for both days of the conference is $349. Activities will run through 5 p.m. on Tuesday and 8 a.m.-1 p.m. on Wednesday. It will be held during Women's History Month. The conference is designed as a celebration of women in the workplace and an opportunity for women leaders and future leaders to connect, network and experience professional development training by women and for women.
In addition to Shipman's talk, other presentations are:
• "The Art of Communication and Unintended Consequences" (Tuesday) by Virginia Ann Holman,TSYS Global Corporate Marketing and Communications group executive
• "Leading with Relational Power" (Tuesday ) Deborah Williams Havert, Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Network
• "Real Women Wear Stilettos" (Tuesday), Felicia L. Hamilton, author/success strategist, coach and trainer
• "5 Things You Must Master to be a Great Leader'' (Tuesday) Debbie Frame, The Leadership Essentials Group
• "Connecting by Displaying Honor in a Corporate Culture" (Tuesday) Jenny Lynn Buntin, former aide to First Lady Laura Bush
• "Forward Thinking Customer Service" (Wednesday) Michele Shoda Velcheck, Solid Source Realty, Inc., CEO
• State Superintendent of Schools Kathy Cox, Georgia Department of Education (Wednesday)
• "Bury Me With My Pearls:How to be Your Eulogy" (Wednesday), Jane Jenkins Herlong, author and motivational humorist/singer