Columbus, Ga. (WTVM) –
Here's a look at what News Leader 9 is working on for our evening shows:
- CRIME PREVENTION COMMITTEE MEETING: After months of negotiations and a closely-guarded search for a director, Columbus's Crime Prevention Committee is slated to meet this afternoon. Committee members, including Director Seth Brown, will be sworn-in and preliminary agenda items will be raised. Tune into News Leader 9 at 6:00pm EST for more.
- ALLEGED FIRESTARTER IN COURT: Michael Lowery, one of three suspects in the River Road Pharmacy Arson, will appear in court this afternoon. News Leader Nine's Lindsey Connell is at the courthouse for the details. Hear the latest, tonight at 5:00 & 6:00pm EST.
- WILL GRAHAM CELEBRATION: Will Graham is bringing his family's Evangelical Christian Celebration to Lee County, Alabama this weekend. Auburn University's Beard Eaves Memorial Coliseum will host the event. Tonight at 6:00pm EST, News Leader Nine's Elizabeth White talks to local business owners and city leaders about the influx of visitors.
- GEORGIA A.G. NOT PARTICIPATING: Georgia Attorney General Thurbert Baker will not be joining the lawsuit filed by thirteen other states against the federal government and those agencies responsible for executing health care reform. We'll have his reasoning, tonight during the news at 5:00 & 6:00pm EST.
- "IN YOUR FACE" CALORIE COUNTS: Health Care Reform will mandate restaurants, with 20 sites or more, to include calorie counts and nutrition information on their menus. The law will also apply to snack food manufacturers, whose products are dispersed through vending machines. News Leader Nine's Laura Ann Sills talks to local restaurant owners about the potential impact on their customers and their business. Watch for it, tonight at 5:00pm EST.
That's all coming up during the news from 5:00 – 6:30 pm EST. Please be sure to tune in and check back with everyone here at wtvm.com for the latest details!