COLUMBUS, GA - Students in grades 1-8 will take the Criterion-Referenced Competency Test (CRCT) during the weeks of April 13 – 23, 2010.
The CRCT is designed to measure how well students acquire the skills and knowledge described in the Georgia Performance Standards (GPS) and the Quality Core Curriculum (QCC).
The assessments yield information on academic achievement at the student, class, school, system, and state levels.
The information is then used to determine individual strengths and weaknesses as related to the instruction of GPS/QCC, and to gauge the quality of education throughout Georgia.
Educators work with students throughout the year to prepare them for tests in the following subject areas:
Each content area has two sections. Students have seventy minutes to complete each section.
Parents are encouraged to:
1. Make sure each child has a good breakfast.
2. Ask what your child learned in school each day.
3. Communicate regularly with the teacher.
4. Ask about the most important idea of whatever your child is reading.
5. Set a schedule that allows for daily study.
6. Make learning a part of everyday life.