Quitman County firemen save home - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Quitman County firemen save home

Press Release

QUITMAN COUNTY, GA -  Quitman County Volunteer firemen responded to a house fire at the residence of Ms. Mabel Bradley at 156 Harrison Street in Georgetown Friday at 9:51 a.m. 

Upon their arrival firefighters found the house well involved with smoke pouring from the roof. 

The firemen worked quickly bringing the fire under control.  Firemen were assisted by neighbor Brad Johnson and a sheriff's deputy.

 "These volunteer firemen are real heroes, risking their lives with little equipment and no pay." commented Quitman County Sheriff Steve Newton. 

The house had extensive smoke damage inside, but most of Ms. Bradley's possessions were saved. 

Faulty wiring in the area of the laundry room appeared to be the cause of the fire according to volunteer fireman Ivey Bellflower.

Source: Quitman County Sheriff's Department.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly