COLUMBUS, GA - Get your summer reading off to a wet and wild start at the AFLAC VACATION READING PROGRAM KICK-OFF!
There will be fun games, prizes, free snacks and a chance to dunk your favorite librarian in the dunk tank.
Read 10 books or 10 hours this summer and you can be eligible for our fabulous grand prizes, including Flip Cameras and more!
It's easy to participate:
1. If you miss the kick-Off Celebration, you can still sign up at your local Library; you'll receive a log sheet to record your reading. If you can't get to your favorite Library branch, just visit www.ChattahoocheeValleyLibraries.org to download a reading log. To be eligible for prizes, all completed logs must be submitted a local Library branch by July 17, 2010.
2. As you read or listen to stories this summer, write the titles of the books you read and/or the amount of time you spend reading each book on your reading log.
3. Once you have read either 10 books or 10 hours, bring your completed reading log back to the Library. You can select your very own prize from the treasure chest and enter the drawing for the grand prize!
4. Each time you complete another 10 books or 10 hours you can place another entry into the grand prize drawing. The more you read, the better your chances of winning!
5. Everyone who completes the program will receive a certificate of completion and an invitation to the end of the summer party at your branch.
This year one lucky Summer Reading Program participant could win more than $5000 to apply toward their future education, as the Path2College 529 Plan, Georgia's state-sponsored 529 college savings plan, partners with public libraries across the state to offer the inaugural Make a Splash - Save for College Sweepstakes. Read more and enter the sweepstakes at www.path2college529.com.
The fun does not end with the Kick-Off! Arthur Atsma the magician is back by popular demand and we have Didgeridoo Down Under, featuring Australian music and entertainment, exercise and fitness fun with Mr. CardioTone and much, much more! Visit www.ChattahoocheeValleyLibraries.org for dates, locations and times.