Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists met Friday, May 7, 2010.
The Board voted to license two clinical social workers by exam waiver, five master social workers by exam waiver, one master social worker by reinstatement, 18 professional counselors by exam waiver, four professional counselors by endorsement, one professional counselor by reactivation, and three marriage and family therapists by exam waiver.
The Board voted to adopt the following Board Rules:
- Rule 135-6-.03 Biennial Renewal Cycle. Amended. The purpose of this rule is to change the time frame and the requirements for completion of the biennial renewal cycle.
- Rule 135-6-.04 Revocation of Expired Licenses and Reinstatement of Expired Licenses. Amended. The purpose of this rule is to clarify language regarding the revocation of an expired license and reinstatement of an expired license.
The following petitions for waiver/variance requests were presented to the Board:
- Kelly Weiser, Dallas, Rule 135-6-.06(2), Board Decision: Denied. Must complete continuing education hours by September 30, 2010.
- Kaye Waldrup, Dallas, Rule 135-6-.04, Board Decision: Denied. Board cannot waive a rule provision based directly on a statue.
- John J. Achinapura, Palm Beach, FL, Rule 135-6-.04(2), Board Decision: Denied. Board cannot waive a rule provision based directly on a statute.
The Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists will hold its next meeting Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.