COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Brittany Burns says a weekend trip to the play area with her kids to the Hollywood Connection stunk -- literally.
She says her daughter came down a covered slide and came out covered in feces.
"My four-year-old said she had something on her and it smelled funny. I made her get down immediately and she had human feces on her bottom and underneath her skirt and up the back of her leg. I had to take her to the bathroom. She said it looked like someone had finger painted and she hit the brunt of it, the most of it. It got all over her. I've never had anything like this happen. It's very shocking," Burns told News Leader 9.
Burns says she warned other parents around her and reported it to staff members.
"They were just real nonchalant about it. It was designed for children. It was too small for their employees to get up there and clean it. They didn't know what we expected out of them or how we expected them to clean it. My initial reaction was to get it off of her because of diseases, anything that could have soaked into her skin and caused an illness. I was definitely worried about that," she said.
Dale Hurst, the Director of Marketing for Carmike Cinemas released this statement to WTVM Monday:
"We regret the unforeseen accident that took place at the Hollywood Connection on one of its child-friendly attractions. Immediately when the incident was identified, the area was shut down and properly sanitized. This area was re-opened the next day."
WTVM also learned that the local Health Department is investigating the incident.
Officials say even though there are no regulations for private play areas like this, they are looking into it from a public health standpoint.
Meanwhile, the Burns family says they will not be going back to the Hollywood Connection.