It has recently decided it is cheaper to allow commercial waste collectors to serve apartment complexes.
The new change is effective October 1st and it requires owners and managers of apartment complexes to use commercial services to dispose of garbage.
We are told the fee is the same amount paid by single-family residents on their monthly bills from the Columbus Water Works.
The following is a list a apartment that will be affected:
• Andrews Road Apartments: 488 Andrews Road
• Botany Apartments: 493, 497, 501, 505, 509 and 513 Farr Road
• Dogwood Apartments: 947 Dogwood Drive
• Lavern Apartments: 4200 Old Cusseta Road
• Martin Luther King Apartments: 1408, 1420 and 1432 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
• Matilda Apartments: 3308 Matilda Lane
• Matilda Apartments: 3324 Matilda Lane
• Patton Arms Apartments: 2314 Fort Benning Road
• Southside Woods Apartments: 3929 Cusseta Road
• Wedgefield Apartments: 2550 Wedgefield Court
• Winston Road Apartments: 741 Winston Road