Tips for Wachovia customers in Georgia as they transition to Wells Fargo
- Do continue to bank as usual, using the same locations with the same friendly team members you know and trust.
- Do activate your new Wells Fargo Debit Card at the time you receive it in the mail and begin using it after the changeover to Wells Fargo, which will occur on October 23, 2010. Business and Campus Card customers will not receive cards right away – they will receive a Wells Fargo card before their current Wachovia card expires or is replaced for another reason.
- Do continue to use your current checks and deposit slips until they run out – in most cases, your account numbers will not change.
- Do pay close attention to information we send you in the mail, and if you have questions, call the toll-free number in the mailing. We're here to help.
- Don't hesitate to ask questions if you don't understand something. Call one of the toll-free numbers in the information we send you, or visit your bank location after the changeover and speak with your banker.
- Don't worry if you are among the few customers who do not change to Wells Fargo immediately. You likely have links to accounts that are not yet switching to Wells Fargo and we want to preserve these links to make your transition as smooth as possible. Just keep banking as you do today.