COLUMBUS, GA - Anyone wishing to explore the true meaning of Veterans Day is invited to visit the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center at Patriot Park. Here are some of the activities they'll find Thursday, November 11:
- A paver dedication ceremony will be held on Heritage Walk at 10 a.m. for those who have honored loved ones with a commemorative paver over the past three months. Approximately 300 new pavers have been laid.
- The IMAX® Theatre will offer FREE screenings of "WWII in HD: The Air War," all day, beginning at 10 am The brand new History Channel documentary will be shown every hour on the hour with the exception of 3pm. The last show is scheduled for 5pm.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt impersonator Robert Prater will give FDR's Armistice Day Address in the chapel on World War II Street at 1pm and 3:45 pm.
- Tours of World War II Company Street will be offered between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- A moment of silence will be observed at 11am.
The museum looks forward to greeting another large group of veterans on the holiday. For the second year, Batson-Cook Construction has organized an 'Honor Bus' to bring several dozen veterans from the region to spend Veterans Day at the museum.