Around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday, police in the area noticed smoke coming from Krispy Kreme Donuts on Veterans Parkway.
When first responders arrived, the smoke turned into a fire.
We are told the blaze resulted in $60,000 worth of damage to the building and about $30,000 in property loss.
It is believed one of the deep fryers overheated and caught fire. No employees were inside the building at the time and the business was locked.
The donut shop is currently closed for business.
News Leader 9 is following this story. We'll have the latest information as soon as it becomes available.