Columbus fire Marshall gets promotion - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Columbus fire Marshall gets promotion

By Curtis McCloud -   bio | email

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- He has spent the last 20 years working with fire & emergency medical services and the past three years as the Fire Marshall for the city of Columbus.

And now the time has come for Chief Thomas Streeter to move on.

"It hasn't been a job to me, this has been a great adventure for me I've enjoyed every day of it, I enjoy the people that I work with I enjoy giving back to the citizens of the community," said Chief Thomas Streeter.

A community that Streeter will continue to serve. He has been promoted to Deputy Chief of operations.

"The trucks that you see everyday ambulances, I will kind of be supervising those personnel," Streeter said.

Streeter tells us that he's looking forward to providing more services to the people of Columbus and the surrounding area.

"This for me has been a wonderful career we enjoyed, I still have some time left here, hopefully there will be some more great things to come forward," Streeter said.

For Streeter this isn't goodbye. He says he's still doing what he loves to do, which is making sure people are safe throughout the city.

"It's been educational for me and I've been able to educate the public on a lot of different things and in that aspect I think I helped myself and the community in a great way," Streeter said.

"If I had to do it again I think I would do it all the same way, like I said I've really enjoyed my career I wouldn't change a thing," Streeter said.

©2010 WTVM. All rights reserved.

• Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

After Craigslist scam, man can't enter his own home

Saturday, July 22 2017 8:29 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:29:14 GMT
    Saturday, July 22 2017 8:29 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:29:14 GMT

The people inside rented the home from a mystery person on Craiglist. As the law stands, because they refuse to leave, Keith Mills now has to go to court to prove he’s the rightful owner.

The people inside rented the home from a mystery person on Craiglist while owner Keith Mills was on vacation.. As the law stands, because the renters refuse to leave, Mills now has to go to court to prove he’s the rightful owner.

Police: Parents gave newborn drugs to cover up addiction

Sunday, July 23 2017 1:52 AM EDT2017-07-23 05:52:55 GMT
    Sunday, July 23 2017 1:52 AM EDT2017-07-23 05:52:55 GMT
    Colby Wilde, 29, and Lacey Christenson, 26, face four counts each of child endangerment and felony drug charges. (Source: Utah County Sherriff’s Office/KUTV/CNN)Colby Wilde, 29, and Lacey Christenson, 26, face four counts each of child endangerment and felony drug charges. (Source: Utah County Sherriff’s Office/KUTV/CNN)

The baby’s mother used heroin and prescription pain medication during her pregnancy, and the baby was born addicted to drugs, police say.

Restaurant's policy limits those with kids to one drink

Sunday, July 23 2017 2:50 PM EDT2017-07-23 18:50:46 GMT
    Sunday, July 23 2017 2:50 PM EDT2017-07-23 18:50:46 GMT

A long-standing rule at Peddlers Bar & Bistro limits anyone dining with children to one alcoholic beverage, in order to hopefully limit the danger children face from drunk drivers.