ATLANTA – Governor Sonny Perdue announced the addition of eight internet services available to Georgia drivers and ID card holders from the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS).
Customers can now create a personalized customer account and initiate multiple transactions at one time safely and securely through the agency's website www.dds.ga.gov.
In addition, customers may now check point violations and request a certified Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
For those with a valid Georgia license, an identification card may be requested. Drivers may also pay most Failure to Appear (FTA) suspensions and then reinstate their license.
"DDS has worked towards creating more efficient services for Georgia citizens," said Governor Perdue. "By reducing wait times and providing excellent online services, DDS has become the example for quality customer service."
Initiating licensing services via Internet is an easy way to save valuable time and gas money. In addition, many transactions offer a discount for eligible customers.
Another new cost saving initiative is the manner in which DDS will remind customers via mail to renew a license or ID and/or upgrade a license online.
Postcards will replace the larger Automated Renewal Information packet and is a convenient reminder to place near the computer.
"Our goal is to make each customer's experience easier and more convenient while preserving the privacy of personal information. Now customers can obtain more licensing services twenty-four hours/seven days a week from the comfort of their home or office," commented DDS Commissioner Gregory C. Dozier.
As always, DDS' first priority is to maintain the integrity and security of one of the state's most important processes. A customer's Internet experience is as safe and secure as doing business in person. And, with the recent enhancements, DDS' Internet services offer even more protection. Comparable to secure Internet banking and shopping, the ability to personalize your account with DDS protects your identity and personal data. After the transaction, customers print an Order Confirmation for their records and receive an e-mail notification.
The following new transactions are now available online at www.dds.ga.gov:
- the ability to create a secure personal customer account
- conduct multiple transactions at one time using a shopping cart
- change your address when you conduct other transactions such as a license or ID renewal or replacement
- pay most Failure to Appear (FTA) suspensions and reinstate your license
- check moving violation points
- order a certified MVR (motor vehicle report)
- order an identification card
- choose to receive e-mail notifications and information from DDS
In the future even more services will be offered at www.dds.ga.gov including:
- reinstate a license and pay online
- streamlined reinstatement requirements
- make a road test reservation and pay online
- online reporting of Completion Certificates by Risk Reduction Schools