COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The National Council on Fireworks Safety recommends the following safety tips:
1. Always read and follow label directions carefully
2. Only purchase from a reliable and licensed firework dealer
3. Always have a responsible adult present
4. Only use outdoors and in an open area
5. Be sure to have water handy
6. Observe local laws and use good common sense
Georgia has a "Safe and Sane" law, meaning you can only use fireworks that don't leave the ground and don't "go boom," says Scott Johnson, Clegg's Fireworks.