PINE MOUNTAIN, GA – Each year Callaway Gardens hosts a variety of fitness events that have come to be nationally renowned for both their competitiveness and the beauty of the setting.
The Callaway Gardens Fitness Series includes:
- Marathon – Half-Marathon and 5K on January 30 (US Track & Field certified and qualifier for the Boston Marathon)
- Duathlon and 5K on May 15;
- Sprint Triathlon June 19;
- Triathlon and 5K September 4 (The oldest triathlon in the South, the fifth oldest in the nation, and traditionally ranks as one of the top 10 triathlons by the sport's governing body, the U.S. Triathlon Federation)
- Twilight 10K race November 5: (US Track and Field certified and qualifier for Atlanta's Peachtree Road Race); and
- Mountain bike races November 6.
Individual athletes and teams can register for these events at www.active.com.. For more information, contact Dave Johnson Enterprises at 770-565-5208.
A special rate for Fitness Series participants is available upon request. The rate includes one night in the Mountain Creek Inn, admission to Callaway Gardens and its many attractions, and use of the Callaway Fitness Center.
Callaway Gardens is in Pine Mountain, Ga., 60 minutes southwest of Atlanta and 30 minutes north of Columbus. For additional information, simply visit www.callawaygardens.com or call 1-800-CALLAWAY (225-5292).