Family suffers from carbon monoxide poisoning after using heater - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Dogs killed, family sent to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning

MERIDIANVILLE, AL (WAFF) - Carbon monoxide killed family pets and sent a family to the hospital.

Around 6:00 Friday morning two dogs and several puppies were killed after staying in the garage with a propane heater at a house in the Bainbridge subdivision.

A man and a woman along with their three children were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The Meridianville fire department said a detector may have saved the family's life.

[Protect your family from CO poisoning]

HEMSI Director Don Webster said carbon monoxide poisoning is rare, but this is the third event in Madison County since the beginning of January. Webster said it's important to have a detector in your home if you are going to use gas heaters. 

Copyright 2011 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly