GA gas-siphoning innovation ended in flames - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

GA gas-siphoning innovation ended in flames

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -  A South Albany man finds out the hard way that you shouldn't use a vacuum cleaner to siphon gasoline.

About 4:15 Tuesday, Demarco Malone called firefighters for help putting out a blazing metal tub of gasoline at his home on Edgerly Avenue.

Firefighters say Malone was using a vacuum cleaner to siphon gas out of his truck into the tub when the machine ignited, and set the gas-filled tub on fire also.

Malone moved his truck to safety and he wasn't hurt. His carport sustained smoke damage.

The vacuum cleaner appears to be a total loss. 

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by Frankly