LEGACY CHEVROLET SPOKESPERSON TALENT SEARCH- OFFICIAL PROMOTION ULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WTVM 1909 Wynnton Rd, Columbus, GA 31906, and Legacy Chevrolet 3615 Manchester Expressway Columbus, GA 31909 (collectively, "Sponsors"). The promotion begins on 3/05/2012 and ends on 4/25/2012. Original entry submissions must be received by 11:59pm 4/25/2012. Finalist process will be selected on 5/24/2012. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Georgia and Alabama in the following cities Columbus GA, and Phenix City AL who are between the ages of 16-24 years of age at the time of entry. All entrants under 19 years of age in state of Alabama, and 18 years of age in the state of Georgia must get a parental consent form filled out prior to accepting to participation in promotion. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WTVM-TV, Legacy Chevrolet , (colleges) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are three ways to enter this promotion. Beginning on 3/05/2012, individuals can log on to www.wtvm.com , or www.legacychevy.com and complete the online entry form , or receive an entry form at Legacy Chevrolet at 3615 Manchester Expressway Columbus, GA 31909. Mail submissions to Legacy Chevrolet Cadillac Saab- ATTN: Spokesperson Contest PO Box 7187 Columbus, GA 31908. Entrants will be required to submit an essay describing why they should be the spokesperson for Legacy Chevrolet Cadillac Saab and picture with form to qualify. Original entry submission must be received by 11:59pm 4/25/2012 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
Entrants agree to not submit material that is defamatory, indecent, obscene, or infringes on anyone else's intellectual property rights. Entrants represent that by entering into this promotion that they solely own the copyright to any pictures submitted and grant to WTVM News unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual right to display and/or broadcast such pictures on WTVM News Television channels and/ or internet, websites, including but not limited to using the pictures for commercial and/or promotional purposes.
Grand Prize: The opportunity to be the Legacy Chevrolet spokesperson from 6/1/12 through 5/31/2013. Grand Prize also consists of up to $5,000 in paid tuition to be enrolled or planning to enroll to the following Columbus area public colleges/universities by Fall 2013: Columbus State University, Columbus Technical College, Troy State University Phenix City, and Chattahoochee Valley Community College.
1st Runner Up Prize: 1st Runner Up Prize consists of up to $1500 in paid tuition to enrolled or planning to enroll to the following Columbus area public colleges/universities: Columbus State University, Columbus Technical College, Troy State University Phenix City, and Chattahoochee Valley Community College.
2nd Runner Up Prize: 2nd Runner Up Prize consists of up to $1000 in paid tuition to enrolled or planning to enroll to the following Columbus area public colleges/universities: Columbus State University, Columbus Technical College, Troy State University Phenix City, and Chattahoochee Valley Community College.
Tuition prize funds to be distributed through the following:
Columbus State University; University Relations Department
Troy University Phenix City Campus; Financial Aid Department
Chattahoochee Valley Community College; Business Office
Columbus Technical College; Communications/Creative Services Department
Winner (s) will receive detailed explanation of distribution from the above departments.
5. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the prize is awarded. One grand prize winner will be chosen by 1/3 weight of voting on wtvm.com, Selection Committee, and the Legacy Chevrolet Dealership through the finalist process on 5/25/2012. Finalist process is as follows: Submission period ends on 4/25/2012. A selection committee will narrow down the submissions to ten semi finalists by 4/27/2012. Ten Semi-finalists will tape a commercial at the dealer location. Semi-finalist commercials to be the best spokesperson will be narrowed down to 5 commercials by selection committee based on the best performance and knowledge of material. The 5 semi-finalist commercials will be uploaded to WTVM.com to be voted on from 5/11/2012-5/24/2012 by visitors to wtvm.com.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification, and social security number is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 6/05/2012 or the prize will be forfeited.
Terms of spokesperson winner agreement as follows: 1) Grand Prize winner is required to be available for the term of 1 year as stated above 6/1/2012 through 5/31/2013. 2) Grand Prize winner to be available to participate in the development of advertising materials monthly, approximately 2 hours per month (if needed). 3) Grand prize winner is required to be available for up to 5 appearances during the year . 4) Dealership will have the right to use the spokeperson's likeness in advertising materials including and not limited to, television, radio, and print media. 5) Spokesperson will agree to participate in the process of selecting the new incoming spokesperson for the following year. 6) The spokesperson's agreement will be terminated in the event of moral turpitude.
1st and 2nd runner up winners will not have any obligations in the above promotional/ advertising.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Legacy Chevrolet will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Legacy Chevrolet.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WTVM-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTVM-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTVM-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Finalists and Winner. For a list of finalists and winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTVM 1909 Wynnton Rd, Columbus Ga. 31906 or visit the website at www.wtvm.com between 6/01/2012 and 6/16/2012.