COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The severe weather threat for the Chattahoochee Valley is now over, but not before numerous trees and power lines were downed across the area with several reports of damage from the high winds.
The picture here shows a limb from a downed tree puncturing the roof of a house in Phenix City, coming dangerously close to hitting a child's bed.
The following is a partial list of other damage reports from across the area:
- Tree down on a mobile home in Randolph County, AL
- Wind gust to 54 mph at the Tiger Suites Building in Auburn (ALFA Cam)
- Wind gust to 49 mph at St. Francis Hospital in Columbus (ALFA Cam)
- Many trees down in Randolph County, GA with one through a roof
- Trees down across Taylor County, including some on houses in Reynolds
- Numerous trees down/power outages in Auburn
- Widespread downed trees/power lines in Schley County
- Multiple trees down in Meriwether County
- Trampoline blown from yard in Marion County, GA – found ½ mile down the road, crushed
- Multiple trees down/power outages in Columbus and a tree on a gas station
- Trees & power line down in Albany – numerous power outages