Carbon monoxide poisoning sends three to the hospital - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Carbon monoxide poisoning sends three to the hospital

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Columbus Fire and EMS officials are on the scene of an apparent case of carbon monoxide poisoning at a Columbus business.

Units responded to Anker PAK, 1323 11th Avenue in Columbus around 12:30 p.m. Friday for a call of possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials believe a fork lift was emitting the colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas in an area where workers were present.

Chief Ricky Shores says 35-40 employees were inside the business at the time, about 10 became temporarily ill, three were taken to the hospital.

Copyright 2011 WTVM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly