Candle left burning sparks townhouse fire - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Candle left burning sparks townhouse fire

AUBURN, AL (WTVM) – There is new information on a fire that broke out at a townhouse complex in Auburn earlier this week.

Auburn Fire Chief Lee Lamar says investigators have confirmed that the fire was started by candle that was placed close to a sofa.

The owner of the home stepped outside of the house for a few minutes and returned to his home completely engulfed in flames.

He has been relocated and is currently receiving assistance from the East Alabama Red Cross.

Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly