Fire starts inside restroom at Peachtree Mall - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Fire starts inside restroom at Peachtree Mall

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

A fire after-hours at Peachtree Mall gave quite a scare late Sunday.

News Leader 9 spoke with Battalion Fire Chief Bryan Watson. He says the fire started inside a restroom in Gymbaree Kids Clothing store. "An exhaust fan overheated and caught some boxes on fire. [It was a] very little fire," said Watson.

Watson also added, the sprinkler system helped contain the fire until crews arrived.

The store sustained moderate smoke and water damage. There were no injuries reported. 

Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved

 

 

Powered by Frankly