Fatal house fire ruled accidental - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Fatal house fire ruled accidental

Erell Williams Erell Williams
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

The February 22 house fire that claimed the life of 69-year-old Erell Williams has been ruled accidental.

Columbus Fire Marshal Ricky Shores tells News Leader 9 the fire, which started in a back bedroom of the Marathon Drive home, was a result of an overloaded extension cord.

Shores adds this information will now put a close to the investigation.

Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved. 

 

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • GRAPHIC VIDEO: Teens mock drowning man

    GRAPHIC VIDEO: Teens mock drowning man

    Thursday, July 20 2017 9:14 PM EDT2017-07-21 01:14:47 GMT
    Thursday, July 20 2017 9:39 PM EDT2017-07-21 01:39:28 GMT

    Police say no laws were violated by five teens who made a video of a drowning man and posted it to social media. 

    More >>

    Police say no laws were violated by five teens who made a video of a drowning man and posted it to social media. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly