- The 8th Annual Citywide Easter Egg Hunt - April 7th at South Commons (Softball Fields) Over 2,000 Eggs!* Candy Prizes * Free food for kids. For more information call 706.653.4483.
- The Salvation Army will hold its Easter Egg Extravaganza, Saturday, April 7th from 1-3pm at 5201 Warm Springs Road, Columbus, Georgia 31909. This event is for children 12 and under. We have a flyer available to email to you as an attachment if so desired. Please feel free to contact me at 706-561-9026.
- Wynnbrook Baptist Church Easter Egg Hunt - April 7th from 10 am to 11:30 am. Join the church to collect not only eggs, but an iPad, PS VITA and other great prizes.
- Egg Grab at Peachtree Mall - April 7 Brent Weber, a well known singer/songwriter for kids, will be performing at 10 am and noon. After each performance, registered kids will have a chance to grab eggs hidden in the common areas of the mall.
FORT BENNING, GA
- Annual Spring Eggstravaganza: Sat., Mar. 31 – 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m at the Lawn at the Riverside
Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Egg Roll
Sunday, Apr 8, 2012
1 PM to 3 PM
(From the Georgia Department of Natural Resources) Bring your Easter basket and camera for a fun, family day set in the Little White House grounds. Reservations suggested. The 3-5 year old group will begin at 1:00 p.m. The 6-8 year old group will begin at 1:30 p.m. The 9-11 year old group will begin at 2:00 p.m.
Following the Easter egg hunt, children can participate in an authentic Easter Egg Roll similar to that held on the White House lawn in Washington, D.C. 2:30 p.m. $8 - $12. 706-655-5870.
Roosevelt's Little White House Historic Site
401 Little White House Rd
Warm Springs, GA 31830
CALLAWAY GARDENS – PINE MOUNTAIN, GA
- (From Callaway Gardens) Enjoy Easter weekend with your family this year at Callaway Gardens® during the weekend of April 7 and 8, 2012. As in years past, Callaway Gardens has family-friendly activities planned for the whole weekend. All ages are invited to participate in the Easter Egg Hunts on Saturday, April 7, from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the lawn at the Overlook Azalea Garden. Guests of all ages should bring an Easter basket and set out to find thousands of candy eggs, along with some very special prize eggs. The Easter Bunny will visit from Noon to 5 p.m. with whom boys and girls can have their Easter photo taken. Egg hunts are free with admission to Callaway Gardens.
- The annual Easter Sunrise Service will be Sunday, April 8, at 7:30 a.m. on the lawn between the Gardens Restaurant and the Boat Dock. The natural beauty of Callaway Gardens during the early morning hours serves as a magnificent backdrop to this service to be led by Retired Baptist Minister Max McCord of LaGrange, Ga. and beautiful music. Admission is free prior to 8 a.m. Guests should enter through the original Gardens gate on U. S. Hwy. 27.
- After the Sunrise Service, guests can enjoy one of Callaway Gardens' popular Easter Buffets for dozens of delicious selections. The Callaway Gardens culinary team will have something to please every palate with choices from lamb chops with apple chutney to slow smoked prime rib and baked salmon with mustard cream to roasted chicken with celeriac sauce and pickled beets. Guests may indulge themselves with desserts featuring blueberry bread pudding, pecan pie with blackberry caramel, crème brulee cheesecake, and chocolate layer cake with caramel and crème Chantilly.
The Easter Buffet in the Mountain Creek Inn Ballrooms will be from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $34.95* per adult. A children's buffet will be available for $17.95* for children 6 to 12 years of age. For ballroom reservations, please call 1-800-CALLAWAY (225-5292) ext. 6832 or 706-663-6832.
An Easter Buffet will be served in the Plant Room Restaurant from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $32.95* for adults; $16.95* for children age 6 to 12; and children ages 5 and younger dine for free. Reservations are not accepted.
The Gardens Restaurant will offer an Easter lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Guests may choose an appetizer, entrée and dessert from a prix fixe Easter menu for $40* per adult and $20* for children age 6 to 12. A special menu for children ages 5 and younger will be available. For reservations, please call 1-800-CALLAWAY (225-5292) ext. 5311 or 706-663-2281.
Details on Easter weekend are available www.callawaygardens.com/Easter.
- (From Village Mall) Village Mall will officially mark the start of the Spring Season by welcoming the Easter Bunny this Saturday, March 24th. The Bunny will be ready for children's visits and photos starting Saturday at 10am. The Easter Bunny will be visiting Village Mall Saturday, March 24 – Saturday, April 7. The mall will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 8.
Photo packages and visits are available during the following hours:
Monday -Saturday: 10am-9pm
Visits with the Easter Bunny are free and photo packages are offered for purchase. For additional information please visit www.ShopVillageMall.com.
FORT MITCHELL, AL
- Saint John AME Church , Fort Mitchell, Alabama is sponsoring a Community Easter Egg Hunt on April 7, 2012 at the Senior Activity Center Highway 165, Fort Mitchell, Alabama. Time 2:00 PM. The Public is invited. For more information, call 334-297-4895.
CHAMBERS COUNTY, AL
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 20 will be sponsoring their annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 7, 2012 at the Rocky Point Access on West Point Lake. The Egg Hunt will begin at 2:00 PM Eastern. The hunt will be broken down into four sections as follows:
- Section A- One, Two and Three year olds
- Section B- Four, Five and Six year olds
- Section C- Seven, Eight and Nine year olds
- Section D- Ten, Eleven and Twelve year olds
Prize eggs will be hidden in each section along with the regular eggs. The Grand Prizes in Sections A and B will be a $25.00 gift certificate and the Grand Prizes in Sections C and D will be a $50.00 gift certificate. Other prizes include Easter baskets and age appropriate toys.
Copyright 2012 WXTX. All rights reserved.