90-year-old woman finishes bucket list with skydiving - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

90-year-old woman finishes bucket list with skydiving

Posted: Updated:
  • NEWSMore>>

Renowned TV personality to speak at CSU

Wednesday, September 17 2014 3:39 AM EDT2014-09-17 07:39:01 GMT
    A well-known TV personality in Georgia will be speaking to students at Columbus State University Tuesday, Sept. 16. Award-winning journalist Monica Kaufman Pearson will be kicking the university's speakerMore >>
    A well-known TV personality in Georgia will be speaking to students at Columbus State University Tuesday, Sept. 16. Award-winning journalist Monica Kaufman Pearson will be kicking the university's speaker series.More >>

Female soldiers invited to apply for ranger school

Wednesday, September 17 2014 3:24 AM EDT2014-09-17 07:24:01 GMT
    The army is opening its doors to female soldiers looking to attend ranger school.More >>

Muscogee County School Board approves redevelopment referendum

Wednesday, September 17 2014 3:21 AM EDT2014-09-17 07:21:01 GMT
    It was unanimous for the Muscogee County school board Monday night, agreeing to team up with the city of Columbus in giving a boost to under-developed areas. This comes just seven weeks before the publicMore >>
    It was unanimous for the Muscogee County school board Monday night, agreeing to team up with the city of Columbus in giving a boost to under-developed areas. This comes just seven weeks before the public will vote on the Redevelopment of Powers Law.More >>
LEXINGTON, MO (KCTV) -

Skydiving always seemed like something Rosebud Gard wanted to try.

"I hope I got all the instructions right. I was worried - I didn't bring my hearing aid," Gard said.

For the past 20 years or so, Gard has been crossing things off her bucket list.

"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon. I got to do that on my 70th birthday. I wanted to go on a cruise. I wanted to parasail, I did that in 1995," she said before skydiving Saturday morning. "I'm really excited, I'm not scared a bit, haven't got sense enough I guess."

Saturday, Gard at 90 years young, finally got to the end of her list - she jumped out of an airplane.

"This is my last bucket list. I got to do everything else. That's what I wanted to do on my 90th birthday," she said.

As friends and family watched from the safety of the ground, they knew she was finally living her dream.

"We're so thrilled for her. We're excited, we're happy…and she's down," Hazel Brown said.

But just because Gard's done with her list doesn't mean she'll stop looking for adventure.

"You know when we were kids in school, as they asked you what you wanted to come back as, I wanted to come back as a bird," she said shortly after landing.

Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Today's Top Stories on News Leader 9

sidebar: skydiving grandma

Updated:

PHOTOS More>>

• Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

Man indicted for attempted murder of Lanett police officer

Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:22 PM EDT2014-09-16 16:22:25 GMT
    A Chambers County grand jury has indicted Jarod Moreland for Attempted Capital Murder of a Lanett police officer.  Per Lanett Police Chief Angie Spates, in August of 2013, Moreland allegedly took policeMore >>

Father accused of killing 5 children extradited back to S. Carolina

Thursday, September 11 2014 7:56 PM EDT2014-09-11 23:56:58 GMT
    The father accused of killing and dumping the bodies of his five children along a rural dirt road in Wilcox County, Alabama was successfully extradited back to the state of South CarolinaMore >>
    The father accused of killing and dumping the bodies of his five children along a rural dirt road in Wilcox County, Alabama was successfully extradited back to the state of South Carolina Thursday to face charges, according to local reports.More >>
  • breaking

Missing juvenile boy located

Missing juvenile boy located

Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:05 PM EDT2014-09-16 16:05:39 GMT
    The Columbus Police Department has located a missing juvenile and returned him to his residence. Terrell D. Baldwin, also known as "Tank," was last seen at 513 35th Street on Wednesday, Sept. 10 2014.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.