New GA driver’s license problems

(WTVM) - Before you head to the department of driver services to renew your license, you may want to head to probate court first.

You must renew in-person and bring in documents that weren't previously required.

Nancy Stephenson, a south Georgia probate judge, says she has been dealing with lots of people needing birth certificates or marriage licenses.

You could also run into problems if your name has changed or is spelled differently on documents.

"We have their marriage license usually, and sometimes their names are just a little bit different, and then they have to go through the process of either changing their birth certificate or their marriage license," says Judge Stephenson.

You also need two items to prove your address and your social security card, or another document to prove your social security number.

Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.