(WTVM) - Get your shopping shoes on! Georgia will hold its tax-free holiday this Friday and Saturday only. The last time the Peach State had a tax-free weekend was in 2009.
Shoppers can take advantage of no-sales tax on items like clothes, computers, and school supplies.
During the August 10 through 11 sales tax holiday, the following items will be exempt:
• Clothing and footwear with a sales price of $100.00 or less per item
• A single purchase, with a sales price of $1,000.00 or less, of personal computers and personal computer-related accessories
• General school supplies to be used in the classroom or in classroom-related activities with a sales price of $20.00 or less per item
The exemption does not apply to:
• Clothing accessories, jewelry, handbags, umbrellas, eyewear, watches, watchbands, cellular devices, furniture, computer-related accessories designed for recreational use, items used in a trade or business or for resale, or rentals
• Sales in theme parks, entertainment complexes, public lodging establishments, restaurants, or airports.