Thursday's Coolidge Ave. fire caused by electrical malfunction - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Thursday's Coolidge Ave. fire caused by electrical malfunction

Damage to the home was severe and it is considered a total loss. No human was injured in the fire, but a dog did die in the blaze. Damage to the home was severe and it is considered a total loss. No human was injured in the fire, but a dog did die in the blaze.
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

Last Thursday, a home on Coolidge Avenue in Columbus was engulfed in flames.

The Columbus Fire Department has said the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction, more specifically an overloaded extension cord. This extension cord was located on the front porch, which is where the fire started.

They are ruling it an accidental fire and say there is about $28,000 in damage. 

Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly