Fire at Nicholson Terrace Apartments caused by incinerator - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Fire at Nicholson Terrace Apartments caused by incinerator

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

People stood on their balconies watching as Columbus Fire, EMS, and Police responded to a fire at the Nicholson Terrace Apartments on 14th Street on Monday shortly after 2 a.m.

The Columbus Fire Department told News Leader 9 that the fire was caused by an incinerator malfunction. 

The incinerator became too compact and collected too much trash. This started a fire that went up the trash chute to the top of the building

No injuries have been reported.

Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly