Glendale FD: Man in critical condition after inhaling substance - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Glendale FD: Man in critical condition after inhaling substance

Posted: Updated:
© CBS 5 © CBS 5
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A man is in the hospital in critical condition after inhaling a substance fire officials believe could be nitric acid.

Mike Young with the Glendale Fire Department said a mobile home manager found six, 1-gallon bottles in a dumpster in the 6500 block of W. Glendale Ave. He got the liquid on his hands and put his hands up to his nose to see what it was. Young said the victim was overcome by the fumes and was taken to the hospital.

The hazmat team is investigating the substance. Young said they have reason to believe it could be nitric acid.

Mobile homes in the area have been evacuated.

Stay with cbs5az.com for updates on this developing story.

Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.