18-year-old arrested after being shot at club on New Year's Eve - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

18-year-old arrested after being shot at club on New Year's Eve

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

Corey Taylor, 18, was one of seven people shot during two separate shootings at the Majestic Club on Cusseta Road New Year's morning.

Six others were shot inside the club, but one of the victims died from his injuries.

"A guy knocked on the window and by the time I can look they just went to shooting. Boom, boom, boom! I hit the car into drive 3 and the car wrecked into another car," Taylor said.  "God was with me. I just got to thank God. I don't know what I would have [done] without him. I don't know if I would be here talking to you all right now."

"I thought I had lost my baby, but God is good. God is good," Taylor's mother said.

With his mother by his side, Corey Taylor told News Leader 9 the shooting at the club was only the beginning of his troubles. Police met him and his parents at the hospital.

"Before I got to car,  they told me I [was being] arrested for violation of probation on a battery charge. I said 'Sir, I don't know what you all are talking about. I've never been on probation, sir. I don't even have a record, sir.' That's what I told him," Taylor said.

Corey was taken to the Muscogee County Jail. He says he was not given the proper treatment and several of his wounds were exposed and not properly dressed.

He was released from jail after his family was able to prove his innocence through the solicitor general's office in Columbus.

Corey's mother is thankful her son is home. She's even more thankful her son survived the deadly night club shooting.

Corey is now searching for a motive and answers. "I don't know what could have caused this. I don't know what.  I'm just an innocent bystander who suffered two gunshots to the head and one to the back," Taylor said.

Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.

• Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

Bush's Baked Beans announces voluntary recall

Sunday, July 23 2017 7:14 PM EDT2017-07-23 23:14:18 GMT
    Sunday, July 23 2017 7:14 PM EDT2017-07-23 23:14:18 GMT

Bush Brothers & Co.Saturday announced a voluntary recall of certain 28-ounce cans of three varieties of its baked beans.

After Craigslist scam, man can't enter his own home

Saturday, July 22 2017 8:29 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:29:14 GMT
    Saturday, July 22 2017 8:29 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:29:14 GMT

The people inside rented the home from a mystery person on Craiglist. As the law stands, because they refuse to leave, Keith Mills now has to go to court to prove he’s the rightful owner.

The people inside rented the home from a mystery person on Craiglist while owner Keith Mills was on vacation.. As the law stands, because the renters refuse to leave, Mills now has to go to court to prove he’s the rightful owner.

Police: Parents gave newborn drugs to cover up addiction

Sunday, July 23 2017 1:52 AM EDT2017-07-23 05:52:55 GMT
    Sunday, July 23 2017 1:52 AM EDT2017-07-23 05:52:55 GMT
    Colby Wilde, 29, and Lacey Christenson, 26, face four counts each of child endangerment and felony drug charges. (Source: Utah County Sherriff’s Office/KUTV/CNN)Colby Wilde, 29, and Lacey Christenson, 26, face four counts each of child endangerment and felony drug charges. (Source: Utah County Sherriff’s Office/KUTV/CNN)

The baby’s mother used heroin and prescription pain medication during her pregnancy, and the baby was born addicted to drugs, police say.