FD: Cigarette caused Scottsdale patio fire - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

FD: Cigarette caused Scottsdale patio fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) (Source: Scottsdale Fire Department)
(Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) (Source: Scottsdale Fire Department)
(Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) (Source: Scottsdale Fire Department)
  • NEWSMore>>

  • Georgia fugitive captured after months at large

    Georgia fugitive captured after months at large

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 6:01 AM EDT2014-04-16 10:01:01 GMT
    An escaped Georgia inmate who was on the run for months is now back behind bars. Chad Dasher eluded law enforcement since escaping from Tattnall County, Ga. on Jan. 24, 2014. [Related: Georgia fugitiveMore >>
    An escaped Georgia inmate who was on the run for months is now back behind bars. Chad Dasher eluded law enforcement since escaping from Tattnall County, Ga. on Jan. 24, 2014. [Related: Georgia fugitiveMore >>
  • Reminder: CRCT testing is April 15-25

    Reminder: CRCT testing is April 15-25

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 5:49 AM EDT2014-04-16 09:49:01 GMT
    Students in Muscogee County are asked to get in bed early tonight to prepare for an important test.  The CRCT test starts tomorrow April 15 for some students in the school district. Winter weather caused
    More >>
    Students in Muscogee County are asked to get in bed early tonight to prepare for an important test.  The CRCT test starts tomorrow April 15 for some students in the school district. Winter weather caused students and staff to lose four days of prep time for the tests.More >>
  • Columbus Winn-Dixie to hold job fair Apr. 16 for remodeled store

    Columbus Winn-Dixie to hold job fair Apr. 16 for remodeled store

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 5:25 AM EDT2014-04-16 09:25:09 GMT
    Winn-Dixie off Veterans Parkway in Columbus is in the process of a large-scale remodel and is looking to fill positions at the new and improved store.  On Wednesday, April 16 the store will hold a job fairMore >>
    Winn-Dixie off Veterans Parkway in Columbus is in the process of a large-scale remodel and is looking to fill positions at the new and improved store.

    On Wednesday, April 16 the store will hold a job fair from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to accept applications and conduct on-site interviews for all positions.
    More >>
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

Fire officials in Scottsdale say a cigarette caused a patio fire southeast of McDowell and Hayden.

The Scottsdale Fire Department said a woman living in the home fell asleep while smoking. When she woke up, her comforter was on fire, and she place it outside the door on her patio. When she woke up for a second time, her door and patio were on fire.

She was not hurt.

Officials said the home did not have a working smoke detector.

Scottsdale fire officials remind people to make sure you have a working smoke detector and recommend these tips if you smoke:

  • Smoke outside.
  • Wherever you smoke, use deep, sturdy ashtrays.
  • Make sure cigarettes and ashes are out.
  • Check for cigarette butts.
  • Never smoke in a home where oxygen is used.
  • Use fire-safe cigarettes.
  • Be alert.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.