OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
WTVM GIVE 9
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WTVM, 1909 Wynnton Rd, Columbus, Ga. 31906. Headquarter Nissan, 17725 Whittlesey Rd., Columbus, Ga 31904 (collectively, "Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 01/23/14 12:00 am and ends at 12/31/2013 11:59 pm. Entries must be received by 12/31/2014 11:59 pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to "501(c)(3), not-for-profit" organizations who have an office located in the state of Georgia and Alabama in one of the following counties: Harris, Muscogee, Chattahoochee, Stewart, Quitman, Clay, Randolph, Webster, Sumter, Marion, Schley, Taylor, Talbot, Chambers, Lee, Russell, and Barbour. Only one entry per individual will be accepted per day, and multiple entries per day will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning on 01/23/14 12:00 am, individuals can log on to www.wtvm.com and nominate a "501(c)(3), not-for-profit" organization. Individuals must reside in the one of the counties listed above in Rule #2 above in order to be eligible to nominate in this promotion, and must limit nominations to one per day during this promotion. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WTVM-TV, other local media, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies, are not eligible to nominate in this promotion. All nominations become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use an information submitted.
Nominations must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple nominations are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated nominations, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of nomination will be considered the nominator. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A nominator may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a nomination.
Nominators agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Nominations that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of nominations submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any nominations by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). There will be 4 winners in this promotion. Each winner will receive a $5,000.00 dollar check from Headquarter Nissan.
5. No prize may be exchanged, transferred, or assigned by a winner. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. Based on nominations in the first 60 days of each quarter, a Selection Committee will select 5 deserving "501(c)(3), not-for-profit" organizations finalists. The following 30 days of the quarter will be a text to vote campaign where viewers will be able to text "GIVE" to 40909 and chose 1 of the 5 finalist they would lie to win. The "501(c)(3), not-for-profit" organization with the most text votes will receive the $5000 prize. Winners be selected each quarter during 2014 based on nominations received during that quarter (ie, on 3/31/2014, 06/30/2014, 09/30/2014, and 12/31/2014). A "501(c)(3), not-for-profit" organization may not win more than once. Sponsor(s) will only consider nominations received during the quarter for the winner of that quarter. All previous 2013 winners of the grand prize $5,000 will not be considered in 2013.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. In order to be eligible, the winner must provide proof that the organization is qualified as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code at the time of nomination. The winner(s)will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 7 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by when presented by Sponsor(s) or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, as well as any transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTVM-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WTVM-TV if WTVM-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of its and its officers name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WTVM-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's and each winner's officers' names, voices, and likenesses, the fact that it won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each nominator and each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTVM-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTVM-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTVM 1909 Wynnton Rd, Columbus Ga. 31906 or visit the website at www.wtvm.com between 03/31/2014 -01/31/2015.