Fire at Tucson pool building deemed accidental - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Fire at Tucson pool building deemed accidental

Posted: Updated:
  • NEWSMore>>

  • Homeless man found dead near railroad tracks

    Homeless man found dead near railroad tracks

    Thursday, July 17 2014 9:49 AM EDT2014-07-17 13:49:05 GMT
    The body of a homeless man was found Tuesday morning on the railroad tracks near Fifth Avenue and 16th Street in Columbus. Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan has identified the 62-year-old victim but saysMore >>
    The body of a homeless man was found Tuesday morning on the railroad tracks near Fifth Avenue and 16th Street in Columbus.More >>
  • Mom shoots at burglar trying to steal her car

    Mom shoots at burglar trying to steal her car

    Sunday, July 27 2014 6:33 PM EDT2014-07-27 22:33:43 GMT
    A Columbus woman catches a man trying to steal her car and fires back literally. The car theft gone wrong happened late Friday evening. News Leader Nine's Tyrone McCoy caught up with the victim. More >>
    A Columbus woman catches a man trying to steal her car and fires back literally. The car theft gone wrong happened late Friday evening. News Leader Nine's Tyrone McCoy caught up with the victim. He has an exclusive interview with the single mother who says she was just protecting her family and belongings.More >>
  • LaGrange woman hit by juvenile with cast iron skillet

    LaGrange woman hit with skillet by juvenile

    Sunday, July 27 2014 2:20 PM EDT2014-07-27 18:20:53 GMT
    The LaGrange Police Department says an 88-year-old woman was struck in the head with a cast iron skillet by a male juvenile. Police say on July 27, at approximately 4:43 a.m., the Patrol Division respondedMore >>
    The LaGrange Police Department says an 88-year-old woman was struck in the head with a cast iron skillet by a male juvenile.More >>
TUCSON, AZ (AP) -

A nighttime fire in a Tucson swimming pool is being called an accident.

Fire Capt. Barrett Baker says eight units and 21 firefighters responded to the fire in the boiler room of a building at the Terra Del Sol pool Wednesday evening.

According to Baker, the fire started in the boiler room due to combustible material being too close to the pool heater.

He says the boiler room was used to store tents, pool covers and tables.

Baker says firefighters were concerned about the possibility of chlorine gas because of the fire's location but that it was determined that chlorine for the pool was kept in another room.

So far there's no estimate on the cost of damage.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.