Child with candle starts Glendale house fire - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Child with candle starts Glendale house fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: CBS 5 News) The child was playing with the candle under a bed Thursday night. (Source: CBS 5 News) The child was playing with the candle under a bed Thursday night.
  • NEWSMore>>

  • LaGrange woman hit by juvenile with cast iron skillet

    LaGrange woman hit with skillet by juvenile

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:15 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:15:06 GMT
    The LaGrange Police Department says an 88-year-old woman was struck in the head with a cast iron skillet by a male juvenile. Police say on July 27, at approximately 4:43 a.m., the Patrol Division respondedMore >>
    The LaGrange Police Department says an 88-year-old woman was struck in the head with a cast iron skillet by a male juvenile.More >>
  • Mom shoots at burglar trying to steal her car

    Mom shoots at burglar trying to steal her car

    Monday, July 28 2014 8:28 AM EDT2014-07-28 12:28:43 GMT
    A Columbus woman catches a man trying to steal her car and fires back literally. The car theft gone wrong happened late Friday evening. News Leader Nine's Tyrone McCoy caught up with the victim.More >>
    A Columbus woman catches a man trying to steal her car and fires back literally. The car theft gone wrong happened late Friday evening. News Leader Nine's Tyrone McCoy caught up with the victim.More >>
  • News 9 MD: New technology can help stop seizures

    News 9 MD: New technology can help stop seizures

    Friday, August 1 2014 2:13 AM EDT2014-08-01 06:13:04 GMT
    Epilepsy is a chronic neurological condition that affects more than two-and-a-half million Americans. Uncontrollable seizures plague their lives and the only treatments were drugs and major surgeryMore >>
    Epilepsy is a chronic neurological condition that affects more than two-and-a-half million Americans. Uncontrollable seizures plague their lives and the only treatments were drugs and major surgery... but there are new therapies are on the horizon.More >>
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A child playing with a burning candle under a bed started a fire that severely damaged a Glendale house Thursday night.

Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department said fire was reported about 8:45 p.m. in a neighborhood near Northern and 43rd avenues.

He said all the occupants of the house got out without injuries, though the fire department sent more than double the normal amount of firefighters because of reports that people were trapped.

Young said the Glendale Fire Department has a Youth Firesetter Intervention Program that provides customized educational interventions in situations such as last night's house fire.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.