Firefighters revive dog after house caught fire - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Firefighters revive dog after house caught fire

Posted: Updated:
  • NEWSMore>>

  • Phenix City students participate in 8th annual Crosswalk

    Phenix City students participate in 8th annual Crosswalk

    Thursday, April 17 2014 11:45 AM EDT2014-04-17 15:45:03 GMT
    More than 30 students got the chance to walk in the footsteps of Jesus Wednesday night, April 16. It was all part of the Crosswalk event at First Baptist Church in Phenix City. Participants walked moreMore >>
    More than 30 students got the chance to walk in the footsteps of Jesus Wednesday night, April 16. It was all part of the Crosswalk event at First Baptist Church in Phenix City. Participants walked moreMore >>
  • Voter registration deadline is April 21

    Voter registration deadline is April 21

    Thursday, April 17 2014 9:24 AM EDT2014-04-17 13:24:07 GMT
    The deadline for voters to register is quickly approaching. Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp is reminding voters that April 21 is the last day to register for the May 20 primary.More >>
    The deadline for voters to register is quickly approaching. Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp is reminding voters that April 21 is the last day to register for the May 20 primary.More >>
  • Reminder: CRCT testing is April 15-25

    Reminder: CRCT testing is April 15-25

    Thursday, April 17 2014 9:24 AM EDT2014-04-17 13:24:07 GMT
    Students in Muscogee County are asked to get in bed early tonight to prepare for an important test.  The CRCT test starts tomorrow April 15 for some students in the school district. Winter weather caused
    More >>
    Students in Muscogee County are asked to get in bed early tonight to prepare for an important test.  The CRCT test starts tomorrow April 15 for some students in the school district. Winter weather caused students and staff to lose four days of prep time for the tests.More >>
AVONDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

Two dogs had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire started in the kitchen of an Avondale home.

Avondale firefighters were able to get two people plus two dogs out of the Avondale home located at 1421 S. 107th Dr.

Firefighters were able to revive one of the small dogs using a fido bag to give the dog oxygen. The second dog passed away from smoke inhalation.

Avondale firefighters are investigating how the fire started.

Local fire departments use fido bags to give oxygen to pets involved with house fires and according to the Fetch Foundation not all fire departments are equipped with the life-saving tool.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.