Man invents mailbox blinking lights for first responders - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Man invents mailbox blinking lights for first responders

Earl Berry invented a set of blinking lights for the mailbox. Earl Berry invented a set of blinking lights for the mailbox.
UNION GROVE, AL (WAFF) -

A Union Grove man hopes his invention will help first responders quickly locate emergencies.

Earl Berry invented a set of blinking lights for the mailbox.

He said it will easily alert first responders who may have a hard time finding your house in an emergency situation, especially in the dark.

Berry saw this while working with the volunteer fire department years ago, and realized it's a problem.

"And this will take care of that because if you could get on the street or the block, then naturally you'll find the mailbox, and if you find the mailbox, then there will be a light that will be signing off the house, and it will be showing where you're going," said Berry.

Berry's invention is patent-pending.

He hopes it will be available to purchase soon.

Copyright 2013 WAFF. All rights reserved.

  • LocalMore>>

  • More flu cases confirmed, doctors still recommend getting vaccinated

    More flu cases confirmed, doctors still recommend getting vaccinated

    Saturday, January 20 2018 4:32 PM EST2018-01-20 21:32:31 GMT
    (Source: WTVM)(Source: WTVM)
    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Dr. Joseph Conklin with Columbus Regional Health said he's already seen his fair share of patients coming into his office, saying they have flu-like symptoms. "We're seeing a fair amount this year," he said. "Maybe a little more compared to last year." Numbers across the country only support his observation. The Centers for Disease Control reported 14,401 confirmed flu cases during the week of January 13, bringing the season's tot...More >>
    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Dr. Joseph Conklin with Columbus Regional Health said he's already seen his fair share of patients coming into his office, saying they have flu-like symptoms. "We're seeing a fair amount this year," he said. "Maybe a little more compared to last year." Numbers across the country only support his observation. The Centers for Disease Control reported 14,401 confirmed flu cases during the week of January 13, bringing the season's tot...More >>
  • Funeral for Dollar General shooting victim held Saturday

    Funeral for Dollar General shooting victim held Saturday

    Saturday, January 20 2018 3:54 PM EST2018-01-20 20:54:46 GMT
    (Source: Family)(Source: Family)

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The funeral for the shooting victim who was involved in a road rage incident was held Saturday afternoon. Lorenzo Freeman was killed after a road rage incident involving two other men at a Dollar General in Fort Mitchell. The funeral was held Saturday at 1 p.m. in Ozark, AL.  Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here.

    More >>

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The funeral for the shooting victim who was involved in a road rage incident was held Saturday afternoon. Lorenzo Freeman was killed after a road rage incident involving two other men at a Dollar General in Fort Mitchell. The funeral was held Saturday at 1 p.m. in Ozark, AL.  Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here.

    More >>
  • Hazmat team responds to situation at Auburn University

    Hazmat team responds to situation at Auburn University

    Saturday, January 20 2018 3:50 PM EST2018-01-20 20:50:36 GMT
    (Source: Auburn University)(Source: Auburn University)

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Auburn police and fire crews responded to a hazmat situation at Auburn University this afternoon. The incident occurred in Funchess hall at Auburn.  A hazardous chemical was reportedly poured down the drain during the cleanup process in one of the rooms being cleaned. The chemical did not go all the way down the drain and caused an odor in the building.  One person inside the building reported lightheadedness as a result of the fumes and i...

    More >>

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Auburn police and fire crews responded to a hazmat situation at Auburn University this afternoon. The incident occurred in Funchess hall at Auburn.  A hazardous chemical was reportedly poured down the drain during the cleanup process in one of the rooms being cleaned. The chemical did not go all the way down the drain and caused an odor in the building.  One person inside the building reported lightheadedness as a result of the fumes and i...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly