I-85 lane closures planned through the weekend - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

I-85 lane closures planned through the weekend

The Alabama Department of Transportation's ongoing I-85 bridge maintenance project continues near downtown Montgomery. The bridge maintenance project is scheduled for completion this summer.

Weather permitting, the following lane closures will be in place:

• Thursday, May 9 from 9 p.m. until Friday, May 10 at 5 a.m. – 1) two outside lanes of I-85 North from the I-65/I-85 Interchange and the Jackson Street Bridge, 2) Day Street ramp to I-85 North, 3) I-85 North off ramp at Court Street.

• Friday from 8 p.m. until Saturday, May 11 at 9 a.m. – 1) two outside lanes of I-85 North from the I-65/I-85 Interchange and the Jackson Street Bridge & 2) Day Street ramp to I-85 North, 3) I-85 North off ramp at Court Street.

• Saturday, from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. – 1) outside lane of I-85 North from the I-65/I-85 Interchange and the Jackson Street Bridge, 2) inside lane of I-85 South from the Mulberry Street Exit to the Rosa Parks Avenue Bridge.

• Saturday, from 8 p.m. until Sunday, May 12 at 9 a.m. – 1) two inside lanes of I-85 South from the Mulberry Street Exit to the Rosa Parks Avenue Bridge, 2) two outside lanes on I-85 North from the I-65/I-85 Interchange and the Jackson Street Bridge, 3) Day Street ramp to I-85 North, 4) I-85 North off ramp at Court Street.

• TENTATIVE-Sunday, from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. – 1) outside lane of I-85 North from the I-65/I-85 Interchange and the Jackson Street Bridge, 2) inside lane of I-85 South from the Mulberry Street Exit to the Rosa Parks Avenue Bridge.

• TENTATIVE-Sunday, from 8 p.m. until Monday, May 13 at 5 a.m. – 1) two inside lanes of I-85 South from the Mulberry Street Exit to the Rosa Parks Avenue Bridge, 2) two outside lanes of I-85 North from the I-65/I-85 Interchange and the Jackson Street Bridge, 3) Day Street ramp to I-85 North, 4) I-85 North off ramp at Court Street.

A work zone speed limit of 40 mph will be strictly enforced.

Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this construction to improve Alabama's roadways.

INFORMATION SOURCE: Alabama Dept. of Transportation

• Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

Delta passenger fined $500 for apple

Saturday, April 21 2018 1:01 PM EDT2018-04-21 17:01:03 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 6:45 PM EDT2018-04-21 22:45:42 GMT
    adlock's healthy snack turned into a tough reality to stomach. (Source: KDVR/CNN)adlock's healthy snack turned into a tough reality to stomach. (Source: KDVR/CNN)

Crystal Tadlock is not happy about the fine she said

Crystal Tadlock is not happy about the fine she said

'Austin Powers' star Verne Troyer dies at age 49

Saturday, April 21 2018 4:51 PM EDT2018-04-21 20:51:28 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 6:03 PM EDT2018-04-21 22:03:39 GMT

Verne Troyer, an actor famous for his role as Mini-Me in the "Austin Powers" trilogy, has passed away.

Teens beat, carjack pregnant elementary school teacher

Saturday, April 21 2018 8:53 AM EDT2018-04-21 12:53:43 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 1:57 PM EDT2018-04-21 17:57:25 GMT
    Police Police are searching for four teenage girls who "smacked" the woman and drove off with her Kia Sportage.Police Police are searching for four teenage girls who "smacked" the woman and drove off with her Kia Sportage.
    Police are searching for four teenage girls 'smacked' the woman and drove off with her Kia Sportage.Police are searching for four teenage girls 'smacked' the woman and drove off with her Kia Sportage.