BRFD: House fire believed to have started near water heater - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

BRFD: House fire believed to have started near water heater

Posted: Updated:
It is estimated the fire caused about $40,000 worth of damage. It is estimated the fire caused about $40,000 worth of damage.
  • NEWSMore>>

  • Healthy volunteers to receive experimental Ebola vaccine

    Healthy volunteers to receive experimental Ebola vaccine

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 11:05 AM EDT2014-09-02 15:05:34 GMT
    As the Ebola outbreak begins to move out of rural areas and into largely populated cities in the countries affected, a new drug will be tested on humans for the first time. Healthy volunteers will beMore >>
    As the Ebola outbreak begins to move out of rural areas and into largely populated cities in the countries affected, a new drug will be tested on humans for the first time. Healthy volunteers will beMore >>
  • Attempted poker game robbery leaves one dead in Opelika

    Attempted poker game robbery leaves one dead in Opelika

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 8:37 AM EDT2014-09-02 12:37:14 GMT
    On August 31 at about 11:33 p.m. CST, the Lee County Sheriff's Office received multiple 911 calls from subjects attending a poker party in reference to a shooting with at least two injured gunshot victims. More >>
    On August 31 at about 11:33 p.m. CST, the Lee County Sheriff's Office received multiple 911 calls from subjects attending a poker party in reference to a shooting with at least two injured gunshot victims. 

     
    More >>
  • Columbus woman speaks out about domestic violence

    Columbus woman speaks out about domestic violence

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 7:23 AM EDT2014-09-02 11:23:03 GMT
    A Columbus woman is speaking out about domestic violence. She speaks about her near death experience and the fight to regain control of her life.More >>
    A Columbus woman is speaking out about domestic violence. She speaks about her near death experience and the fight to regain control of her life.More >>
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Firefighters said no one was home when a fire started early Monday morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened at a house on Beech Street, which is between St. Gerard Avenue and McClelland Drive, around 4 a.m.

Investigators said they believe the fire started near the water heater, but have not yet determined the exact cause of the blaze.

According to firemen, the flames quickly spread to the attic above and burned through the roof directly above where it is thought to have begun. Crews contained it to the hallway near the water heater.

In addition to what was done by the flames, the rest of the home received heavy smoke and water damage.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.