Mike & Ed's BBQ in Columbus closed due to fire - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Mike & Ed's BBQ in Columbus closed due to fire

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

Mike & Ed's BBQ restaurant closed early this morning due to a fire.

The Columbus Fire Department responded to the restaurant fire on Manchester Expy. at approximately 8 a.m. Most of the damage is on the building's roof.

Authorities say the cause of the fire was accidental. A worker started the fire pit this morning and the fire escaped the pit, causing some damage to the freezer and ceiling.

This fire has caused an estimated $20-30,000 dollars in damages.

Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly